Now accepting bitcoins.

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Spam Meeting Invites

We all find it annoying when our co-workers spam us with too many meeting invites. But lately I've been hit with a new problem - literal spam meeting invites!

I hadn't noticed this until a few weeks ago. I have meeting reminders popping up in my email, except they are not for meetings. They are spam coming in as meetings instead of emails.

Below are two examples:



They are particularly insidious. I'm hesitant to delete them, because maybe they are real meetings? Who knows, maybe Joe from Accounting wants to talk about Anti Virus protection. And I certainly don't want to click to open them to make sure. Clicking on one of these things will probably knock out the entire Mid-Atlantic oil pipeline, which the media will surely trace back to my inanely opening this obvious malware. So I just sit here staring at these meeting invites, wondering what to do with them.



No comments: