Now accepting bitcoins.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Plastic Bubble Wrap From Hell

What is the deal with that obnoxiously hard plastic packaging that small electronics and everything else comes in? I find it extremely difficult to open these packages. You can not rip them open. You can not use standard scissors. The plastic is too hard, and the package is designed with no straight edges to cut. In fact, it seems that they went to great lengths to make sure that you can NOT open the stupid things. Lately, I've been using a pocket knife. It is still a challenge to make sure I don't cut the product or my fingers. Even after you cut a huge opening, you still can't pry it open the rest of the way, the plastic is too hard to rip. Once the package is open, you are just as likely to slice open your fingers with the sharp plastic edges you just created.

That really bursts my bubble.

No comments: