Now accepting bitcoins.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Red Hot Chili Peppers

What is the deal with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and their obsession with naming states in their songs?

"Born in the north And sworn to entertain ya ’Cause I’m down for The state of Pennsylvania..."
"Bonafide ride Step aside my Johnson Yes I could In the woods of Wisconsin"
"Me Oh My O Me and Guy O Freer than a bird ’Cause we’re rockin’ Ohio"
from All Around the World.

"Gettin' born in the state of Mississippi..."
"In Alabama she was swinging hammer..."
"Black bandana, sweet Louisiana..."
"Robbin'on a bank in the state of Indiana..."
from Dani California.

And, of course, let's not forget the lovely song Californication.

Enough already, put down the US map and write some songs about something else!

That really burns my Idaho patatoes.

No comments: