Now accepting bitcoins.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Take 10% Off At Macy's, Maybe?

I recently signed up for a Macy's credit card in order to take advantage of a promotional discount offer for a large purchase (my comfy new mattress that is so tall I get nosebleeds climbing into bed). Macy's has since started sending me numerous "special" card-member-only coupons. The coupons look like great deals until you read the fine print:

Macy's 10% off men's apparel
* exclusions apply; see back for details

Back:
Excludes Impulse, Tommy Bahama, Polo/Ralph Lauren,Lacoste, cosmetics, fragrances, watches, Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors, American Rag,I.N.C.,Tasso Elba, Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole, Guess, Nautica, Claiborne, Material is London,DKNY, Diesel, Buffalo, Perry Ellis, Joseph Abboud, Hugo Boss,Mani, Levi's, Dockers, The North Face and Burton Snowboarding. Not valid on morning specials, and Super Buys, Everyday Values, previous purchases, services, Gift Cards, selected leased departments, special orders, bridal kiosks, restaurants, macy's wedding channel.com, macy's.com or payments on credit accounts. Cannot be combined with any savings pass/coupon, extra discount, or credit offer, except opening a new Macy's account. Federated Department Store employees not eligible. EXTRA SAVINGS APPLIED TO REDUCED PRICES. MCE


Wow, that's a lot of exclusions! In fact, I can't name a brand of Men's apparel that isn't on that list. It is unreasonable to offer a coupon with that many exclusions. I'm gonna bang my head on a display if I have to keep looking down at the exception list as I stroll through the clothing department looking for ANYTHING that isn't on the list.

I am guessing that MCE stands for "Most Clothes Excluded".

That really charges me up!

No comments: