Now accepting bitcoins.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Security Questions

The security questions are getting more ridiculous every time I sign up at a new banking website. Here are the latest questions I had to answer:


Observe that I had to select and answer three questions, one from each list. Note the error message that said I must select one question from every list. The EASIEST questions I could find were:
  • Who was your favorite childhood friend?
  • What was you childhood phone number?
  • Where were you New Years 2000?
Even if I could remember where I was on New Years 2000 (I can't), how would I possibly describe it using exactly the same phrase multiple times?

And look at the other choices for that third question:
  • Name of your least favorite teacher
  • Nickname you gave your favorite grandparent
  • Where do you want to retire?
  • What is your dream car?
  • If you won a million dollars, what is the most expensive purchase you would make?
  • What is the name of your most memorable stuffed animal?
If this wasn't on a banking site, I would think it was some sort of cruel joke.

No comments: