Now accepting bitcoins.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Honey - Rant and Rave

I love the Honey plug-in for Google Chrome.  Have you ever bought something from a website, and you felt like a total loser because you didn't have any secret codes to punch in to the "Coupon" box?  You close your eyes and imagine some arrogant twits in cardigans, giving each other high fives as they save 20%, 30%, or more with their special codes.

Well, Honey helps with that.  You click the Honey button on your checkout page and it tries a bunch of codes for you until it finds the best one.  I've actually found that it works about half the time.  So Honey is pretty cool.

Now you may be asking what my rant is about Honey.  Well, here you go:


When I installed Honey on my new computer, they confronted me with the above decision - my choices were to either share my friends' personal information or click a button that says I'm a selfish jerk.  This is almost as bad as the lady at the grocery checkout who makes me admit that I hate kids with cancer every time I buy a 6-pack.

Sorry honey, the buzz is not in your favor this time.

1 comment:

BrianM said...

I also feel like I just kicked a starving puppy in the head when I tell the cashier at PetSmart I am not interested in adding a charitable donation to my bill.