Now accepting bitcoins.

Sunday, February 25, 2024

NVIDIA GeForce Experience is Lame

 

Dear NVIDIA,

How about taking some of your huge AI earnings and investing in some of your other products?  Your GeForce Experience tool is lacking in a major way.

GeForce Experience recently invited me to download new GeForce Game Ready Drivers for my NVIDIA graphics card, which immediately failed to install.  Why did it fail?  No clue is given by the generic "Error installing drivers"  message displayed.

The reason is that my GeForce Experience tool needed to be updated first.  How do I know this?  Not because GeForce Experience checks for updates, or tells you that new ones are available.  I had to figure it out on my own by going to the NVIDIA website and downloading a newer version manually.  After I did that, the newer GeForce Experience version was able to successfully install the new drivers.

This is simple to fix and unfathomable behavior from the NVIDIA GeForce Experience tool.

This really ruins my NVIDIA experience.

No comments: