Now accepting bitcoins.

Monday, March 01, 2010

Chick-Fil-A Promotion


I went to the Washington Wizards game on Friday 2/26/10. They were running one of their regular "In Game Promotional Offers" in the 4th quarter. If a player on the visiting team (in this case, the Knicks) is fouled and then misses both free throws, every fan wins a free chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A.

Every time a Knick player went to the line in the 4th quarter, the fans would scream like heck for their free chicken sandwich. And finally, a Knick player missed two free throws. High fives all around. Yay, everyone loves Chick-Fil-A. The announcer said "bring your ticket stub within one week to any area Chick-Fil-A for a free chicken sandwich."

So I stroll into Chick-Fil-A on Monday and triumphantly present my ticket stub. "One free chicken sandwich, please". Well, I guess the only people they forgot to tell about the promotion were the STAFF WORKING AT CHICK-FIL-A. My cashier finally called the manager over, and "Maria" anti-climactically announced: "we don't take these anymore".

So screw you, Chick-Fil-A, and your fraudulent promotion. I guess you figured no idiot would actually drag their ticket stub all the way in to the mall for one stinking free chicken sandwich. Well, this is one idiot who is finished with your overpriced chicken sandwiches and stupid cow commercials.

3 comments:

BrianM said...

The ironic thing about this is that I get a coupon for a free chicken sandwich from CHICK-FIL-A in the mail about once every 6 months. Apparently they want to give everyone but YOU a free chicken sandwich.

The cow commercial is still kinda funny.

Unknown said...

Just to let you and everyone else know, they actually do accept the ticket stub. I guess it was just the Chick-fil-a that you went to. I was at the same Knicks game and took my ticket stub in and had no problems.

Unknown said...

I have had them accept it before but I forget if they keep the stub. I kinda want to keep my ticket but want the sandwich. Do you remember if they kept the ticket?