Now accepting bitcoins.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Read THIS Microsoft


Dear Microsoft,

Your Office applications are the ONLY APPLICATIONS IN THE UNIVERSE that don't let a user overwrite a file that was opened read-only. Sure, I appreciate the warning prompt indicating that the file was marked read only when I opened it. But when I click on the file in the dialog prompt and change it to read/write access, your apps should let me save the file over itself. All your stupid limitation does is make me waste time. Now, I have to save the file with a new file name, delete the old file, and then rename the new file with the old file name.

The only time this does not annoy me are days that I don't use Microsoft Office. If I ever met the developer responsible for that bit of code, I would beat him or her vehemently with a pineapple.

No comments: