Now accepting bitcoins.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Target Pharmacy Hates Me


Every time I go to Target Pharmacy to pick up a prescription, the same routine happens...

Me: "Pick-up for Brian M."

[Pharmacist spends 2-3 minutes looking at prescription bags filed under "M" and then comes back to the counter empty handed.]

Pharmacist: "Did you drop off the prescription today?"

Me: "No."

Pharmacist: "When did you drop it off?"

[Why didn't the pharmacist ask this question first, since it nullifies the need for the first question?]

Me: "It was an automatic refill. I received a robo-call telling me it was ready for pick-up."

Pharmacist: "Date of Birth?"

[I state my DOB as several identity thieves standing in line jot furiously.]

[Pharmacist walks away and starts typing on a computer keyboard.]

Pharmacist: "What is the prescription for?"

[Didn't the pharmacist just look up my data? Doesn't she know already what my prescription is for?]

Me: "Anal cream"

[Not really, but it might as well have been, as awkward as I felt talking about my prescription in front of the gathering crowd of strangers.]

[Pharamacist goes back to the row of prescriptions filed under "M" and after another minute of fumbling around grabs a bag. She brings it to the counter beaming with pride at a job well done.]

Next time, I'm going to need an additional prescription for anxiety.

No comments: