Now accepting bitcoins.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

One Cause for Annoyance

So someone signed up my e-mail address for a site called OneCause. Seems like a nice enough idea - instead of getting money for making purchases, you can donate the money to a charitable cause.

Anyhow, they were sending me all sorts of spam in the form of shopping e-mails and newsletters. So I clicked the "unsubscribe" link in the e-mail to unsubscribe to the shopping e-mails and newsletters. I was greeted with the following page to manage my settings:



Notice that the top checkbox is grayed out. Let's take a closer look:

That's right. I'm a "champion", so I have earned the permanent privilege of receiving the Shopping Emails and Newsletters.

1 comment:

BrianM said...

What happens when you click the "Here's why" link?