Now accepting bitcoins.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Arm and Hammer Baking Soda - Packaging Games

I can see it now. The VP of package design for Arm & Hammer is called into a board meeting.

"Listen, sales are stagnant. People are buying our product once a year and sticking it in their refrigerator. We need you to re-design the package to increase sales by 700%."

[One Month Later]


Notice the 2 changes that add up to the 700% increase. And I love the adorable "Replace Box on" area. Maybe they can just take my credit card number and ship me 2 boxes every 3 months?


[One Year Later]

"Ok, our sales have increased to 8 times what they were a year ago. Great job. Now we need you to re-design the package again to increase sales another 200%"


1 comment:

BrianM said...

Evil bastards! Sadly, I know some people in my household who believe whatever it says on the packaging...