Now accepting bitcoins.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Pro Flowers


I placed an order with Pro Flowers in April 2009. This is the first and only time I ordered anything from them. Of course, I gave them one of my junk e-mail addresses, in case they were planning to sell it to a marketing firm.

Over the next 53 days, I received 25 spam e-mails from Pro Flowers. Since then, I have continued to receive 1-2 spam e-mails per week from them. Are there really people who randomly order flowers after getting an e-mail about a special offer? I think it's pathetic that companies treat their paying customers like this, penalizing them week after week for placing an order by sending spam. Suppose I order 1 product per month from different companies. If they all were to send spam at the rate of Pro Flowers, by the end of the year I will be getting 24 spam e-mails every week.

I am dreading the thought of what horrors await my Inbox the week before Valentines Day.

=======================

Update: Below are the names of other companies who send me lots of special e-mail offers because I made a purchase:


No comments: