Now accepting bitcoins.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Fangled Copiers Suck Ass

Advances in photocopier technology are one example of technology run amuk. I tremble with fear and intimidation any time I need to make a copy. You need a PhD from M.I.T. to operate the damn things. Not to mention that most office copiers also function as a networked printer/fax/breadmaker.

Sometimes I try to copy something only to find it won't make my copy because there is some print job error clogging up the queue. That's just great, because some idiot is trying to print to 24"x36" paper, which doesn't exist, I can't photocopy my important memo. And instead of just printing my little memo, I have to press all kinds of buttons because the copier can't imagine that I just wanted to print my 3"x5" note on a standard 8.5"x11" paper. No, I don't want zoom! I don't look forward to the day they add speech technology. "Are you SURE you don't want me to enlarge that? It's gonna look small at actual size. And you'll have WAY too much white space."

I have a solution. Apple needs to come out with the iCopier. It would just have one button on it, "Copy". Oh wait, that sounds just like the copiers we used to have many years ago that worked just fine.

1 comment:

BrianM said...

I had to include one other rant...
Our copier has a book copy mode that prints both pages of a book. Well, it will only print if you leave the lid up! If you put a magazine in and let the lid rest down on the magazine, the print button disables. The copier figures that there is no way you could possibly have a book in there. Why would you even put in a qualifier like that? Some idiot ADDED programming to the copier to make it not print if the lid is down. Grr.