Now accepting bitcoins.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Peerflix


Don't waste your time with a website called Peerflix.

Previously, I raved about Lala - a site where you can send and receive used CDs. Peerflix is the same concept, but for movie DVDs instead of music CDs. The only difference between the two is that Lala is awesome, and Peerflix stinks.

The biggest problem - Peerflix decided to have users mail DVDs in paper mailers. This means that (a) you have to fumble around with printing out mailers and wrapping DVDs with origami and scotch tape, and (b) your DVDs will be delivered cracked and un-usable. My very first DVD, after waiting 2 months, arrived cracked. The idiot who sent it to me didn't even use the correct mailer. He made his own mailer that was marked postage due, barely legible, etc.

Other problems - The Peerflix website is annoying. When you have a DVD that someone wants, it sends you an e-mail. If you don't immediately respond that you are sending the item, it follows up with a "you lost your chance" e-mail and labels your DVD as "not interested". And the DVDs are not all of equal value. There is a cryptic system that assigns dollar values to your DVDs. Also, did I mention that the DVDs arrive cracked and unusable?


In case you are wondering what I need to do to get a credit for my cracked/unusable CD, I checked on the website. It took me a few minutes, but I finally located a page with instructions for "filing a claim". I need to print out one of those origami mailers, and send them the cracked DVD so they can examine it to determiine if I qualify for a credit !

That really herniates my disc.

No comments: