Now accepting bitcoins.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sanitation Engineers

I get a bit annoyed whenever it is trash day. When I come home from work, I often find my trashcans strewn across the neighborhood. Often, a trashcan is sitting on my neighbor's lawn. Since they all look alike, I must give it careful inspection to make sure it is mine. I don't want to be accused of stealing my neighbor's trashcan. (I know, I can put my name on the trashcan or something like that). Other times, my trashcan, or recycling bin, is sitting in the middle of the parking lot, requiring me to get out of my car and remove it before I can park.

I know that they toss the trashcans and bins around to shave precious seconds off of their time. But is this a race? Is there a prize? Since they are providing a service, one that I greatly appreciate actually, could they go all the way and finish the service with some style? Why tarnish the performance with such a sloppy finish? When a gymnast stumbles on the dismount, don't they lose points, even if the performance was great until the end?

That really stinks.

1 comment:

shoshanamom said...

I think if you tip them well at christmastime they may give you better service.